ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator
1 Cyber Crime costs the world more than Rs. 57,000,000,000,000 every year. Companies and Governments need skilled digital forensic investigators to contain this US $ 114 billion annual cost.
As per Ministry of Human Resources Development estimates - India needs 2.5 lakh cyber experts and professionals to effectively tackle cyber crimes. (Source: Times of India Feb 10, 2011).
2 ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator is an advanced level course covering the essentials of cyber investigation and forensics.
Eligibility: HSC or equivalent.
This course is currently available in Digital Mode in 67 countries.
This course is available in classroom mode in India in Mumbai and Pune.
3 On successfully completing the course, you will receive 1 ASCL certification, namely -
- ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator
This course will equip you to:
- Assist law enforcement agencies
Cyber Crime Investigation Skills
1. A thorough understanding of the cyber crime investigation process including Cyber Investigation Essentials, Digital Evidence in Computer Devices, Cyber Forensics Essentials, Web Investigation, Investigating Emails, Cyber Crime Law in India and Cyber Investigation & Forensics Documentation.
2. A thorough understanding of the investigation and forensic principles specified in internationally recognized digital forensic guides including:
(A) Good Practice Guide for Computer-Based Electronic Evidence by Assn of Chief Police Officers (ACPO), UK,
(B) Best Practices For Seizing Electronic Evidence by the United States Secret Service,
(C) Investigations Involving the Internet and Computer Networks by the US Department of Justice,
(D) Cyber Crime Investigation Manual by Asian School of Cyber Laws.
3. A thorough understanding of the provisions of the Information Technology Act relating to cyber crime, investigation and digital evidence.
4. Ability to analyze First Information Report (FIR), Property Search & Seizure Form and Final Form/ Report under the Code of Criminal Procedure.
5. Ability to follow, prepare and analyze relevant checklists and reports.
- History of the Internet
- How the Internet is managed
- Architecture of the Internet
- Basics of networking
- IP Addresses, Packet Switching
- Internet Routing, DNS, WWW
- Internet Security Essentials
- Website creation & hosting
- Building an Ecommerce Site
- Major Open Source Projects
- Important RFCs
Cyber Crime Essentials
- Cyber Crime Terms
- Timeline of cyber crime cases (1903 - 2012)
- (In) famous cyber criminals
- Indian cases of cyber crime
- Cyber Crime Surveys
Cyber Investigation Essentials
- What is Cyber Investigation?
- Sample Cases
- Cyber Investigation Process
- Basic Terminology
- Cyber Investigation Techniques
- Real World Investigations
- Cyber Investigation Cells
- Relevant Organizations
Digital Evidence in Computer Devices
- What is Evidence?
- What is Digital Evidence?
- Order of Volatility of Digital Evidence
- Digital Evidence & Hardware Devices
- Digital Evidence & Data Storage Devices
- Digital Evidence & Peripheral Devices
- Digital Evidence & Other Devices
- Collecting Digital Evidence
Cyber Forensics Essentials
- The Forensic Process
- Digital Forensic Analysis Methodology
- File Systems
- Operating Systems
- File Extensions
- Archive Formats
- File Signatures
- Using Data from Data Files
- Data from Operating Systems
- Data From Network Traffic
- Data from Applications
- Data from Multiple Sources
- Whois search
- IP Tracking and Tracing
- Investigating DNS records
- Web Services Forensics
- Investigation involving Web Sites
- Investigations involving Instant Message Services & Chat Rooms
- Investigations involving File Sharing Networks
- Investigations involving Bulletin Boards & Newsgroups
- History of Email
- How Email Works
- Email Clients
- Email Security
- Analyzing email headers
- Tracking email accounts
- Email Investigation Case Studies
Cyber Crime Law in India
- Computer viruses & malware
- Cyber stalking
- Cyber Terrorism
- Data Privacy
- Identity Theft, Phishing, Internet Scams, credit card frauds
- Offensive emails & SMS
- Software & Music Piracy
- Investigation & Adjudication
Cyber Investigation & Forensics Documentation
- First Information Report
- Property Search & Seizure Form
- Final Form/ Report
- Relevant checklists
- Relevant reports
List of Practicals
- Getting the detailed information about TCP/IP network protocol statistics
- Displaying all connections and listening ports of a particular system
- Finding out the IP address of the local computer being used for networking
- Finding out the Port Number of the local computer being used for networking
- Finding out the IP address of the remote host to which the socket is connected
- Finding out the Port Number of the remote host to which the socket is connected
- Finding out the state of TCP/UDP connection
- Tracking the path of a packet being transferred from source to destination
- Getting the details of a public IP Address
- Getting the details of a domain name
Basic Cyber Forensics (Windows)
- Mathematical authentication of a file
- Mathematical authentication of a disk
- Imaging a disk
- Imaging a drive
- Detecting File Extension mismatch
- Cloning the RAM
- Analyzing RAM to collect evidence
- Cracking steganographic files
- Recovering deleted data from a forensic image
- Analyzing Gmail headers
- Analyzing Yahoo headers
- Analyzing Rediff headers
- Understanding security features and options in Gmail
- Understanding security features and options in Yahoo
- Email Tracking
- Using the Hidden Web
- Analyzing headers of emails received through the Hidden Web
- Tracking and tracing a particular IP
- Searching for the details of a particular IP Address
- Defacing a website
- Analyzing a defaced web site
Classroom Mode @ Mumbai
- Students are provided courseware and reference material in printed / digital form.
- Regular classes are conducted at our Churchgate Learning Center
- Assessments consist of an online test.
- You must obtain 50% in the online test to pass this course. Re-exam fees is Rs 1500.
Fee: Rs. 26,967
For the batch schedule, call us on:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org