Note: This course is no longer available.
This page is maintained only for archival purposes.
We are already into the era of cyberspace, where boundaries, borders and territorial demarcations do not exist.
The traditional notions of distance and space have given way to more dynamic and modern ones, the implications of which have not been fully accepted.
Cyber laws are a result of this skeptical acceptance of cyberspace. Governments across the world are trying to bring some semblance of order to the chaotic world of cyberspace by enacting cyber laws.
The all-pervasive nature of cyber space necessarily demands that cyber law influence all other disciplines.
Hence cyber law encompasses commercial as well as criminal law and its influence continues to grow with each passing day.
- To give an overview of cyber law.
- To understand how cyber law deals with cyber crimes.
- To understand how cyber law ensures authentication in electronic commerce.
- To realize the importance of cyber law at all places.
- Overview of Information Technology Law
- Digital Signatures
- Cyber Crimes