Social Media Law
- Start LearningTODAY
- FeeINR 1500
The recent "Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021" have been created to empower and protect the Internet users of India.
- These rules will solve the problems of:
- Fake news
- Sharing of morphed images & revenge porn
- Abusive language, defamatory and obscene content
- Misuse of social media by criminals & anti-national elements
- Absence of a robust complaint mechanism for users of social media & OTT platforms
- These rules apply to:
- News aggregators and publishers
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Quora, Pinterest, etc.
- Messaging platforms like WhatsApp, Telegram, Snapchat, Hike, Troop Messenger, etc.
- OTT platforms like Amazon Prime Video, Jio Cinema, VOOT, Netflix, Sony LIV, Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, etc.
Additionally various laws apply to "Crimes on Social Media" - Information Technology Act, Indian Penal Code, Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act.
Here's what you get when you take the "Social Media Law Masterclass":
- Exclusive access to the Social Media Law Playbook (See Table of Contents).
- 3 hours of video learning content.
- Verifiable digital certificate of attendance (PDF)
Rohas Nagpal co-founded Asian School of Cyber Laws in 1999. He has authored 20+ books and is a Blockchain & Crypto Evangelist.