1 min read
- Use the same ATM machine for your transactions. You should become familiar with the machine so that you can recognize changes to the machine.
- Use ATM machines located inside banks rather than on the street. The one’s on the street are easier for criminals to access.
- Never use an ATM machine when ‘suspicious looking’ people are lingering in the vicinity.
- If you are using an unfamiliar ATM machine, especially one that is not inside a bank, examine it carefully. Look for ‘extra’ cameras and other devices – card or cash trapping devices need to be glued or taped to the card reader or cash dispenser.
- Do NOT rely on the help of a stranger to retrieve a confiscated card.
- Report confiscated cards immediately. Call the bank before leaving the machine.
- Be wary of ATM machines with too many notices posted on the machine.