1 min read
Do you use eBanking? If yes then keep these 13 quick tips in mind:
1. Connect to your bank website using a device (laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) that has the latest and updated security software, web browser and operating system.
2. Take a printout of the transaction confirmation. Store this printout till you cross-check that transaction in your monthly statement.
3. Check your account on a regular basis.
4. Have at least two bank accounts – one with Internet banking activated and one without.
5. Do not keep large sums of money in the bank account that has online banking services activated. Transfer money into this account as and when needed. It is advisable to get credit cards from banks in which you do NOT have an account.
6. Do not access your Internet Banking account from a cybercafe or a shared computer or when connected to a public WiFi.
7. Logout immediately after you have completed your transactions and then close the browser. If you are using a shared computer, it is advisable to delete cookies and clear the browser history. Do not allow your online banking passwords to be stored in the browser.
8. To access your bank’s Internet Banking, always type in the correct URL (e.g. https://www.example.com) into your browser window. Never click on a link in an email to visit your bank’s site.
9. Change your Internet Banking passwords (log-in password as well as transaction password) at least once a month.
10. Your passwords should be complex and difficult to guess. Ideally, they should be at least 10 characters long and should have capital letters, small letters, numbers and special characters e.g: $amaiRah-446
11. If you have more than one Internet Banking account, use different passwords for each of these accounts.
12. Never disclose your password or PIN to anyone, not even to a genuine bank employee.
13. Always check the last log-in to your Internet Banking account. If you notice something suspicious in the last login records, report it to your bank immediately and change your passwords.
Certificate in Cybercrime and Cyberlaw
What to do when we get trolled? Or when we are hacked? Or cheated? Get answers to all your cyber questions with the Certificate in Cybercrime and Cyberlaw.
- Quick guide to Digital Evidence - April 23, 2020
- How does a law come into force in India? - April 20, 2020
- Create an unbreakable password in 30 seconds - April 16, 2020