1 min read
Follow these 12 quick tips for securing your smartphone:
- Use a strong password instead of a 4 or 6 digit PIN.
- Ensure that the device automatically locks itself if unused for more than a minute.
- Download apps only from trusted locations.
- Carefully read reviews about an app before downloading it.
- Check the permissions that the app requests.
- Before you install an app, understand what data it will access.
- Ensure that you download and install all operating system and app updates.
- Turn off automatic WiFi connections.
- Turn off Bluetooth and NFC when not required.
- Consider disabling the geotagging feature on your phone.
- If you are connected to public wifi, don’t access sites or apps where you need to enter the credit card information, banking password, etc.
- Before you install any app, ask yourself 2 questions – “Do I need this?” and “Should I trust this”?