1 min read
Follow these 12 quick tips for securing your smartphone:
- Use a strong password instead of a 4 or 6 digit PIN.
- Ensure that the device automatically locks itself if unused for more than a minute.
- Download apps only from trusted locations.
- Carefully read reviews about an app before downloading it.
- Check the permissions that the app requests.
- Before you install an app, understand what data it will access.
- Ensure that you download and install all operating system and app updates.
- Turn off automatic WiFi connections.
- Turn off Bluetooth and NFC when not required.
- Consider disabling the geotagging feature on your phone.
- If you are connected to public wifi, don’t access sites or apps where you need to enter the credit card information, banking password, etc.
- Before you install any app, ask yourself 2 questions – “Do I need this?” and “Should I trust this”?
Certificate in Cybercrime and Cyberlaw
What to do when we get trolled? Or when we are hacked? Or cheated? Get answers to all your cyber questions with the Certificate in Cybercrime and Cyberlaw.
Latest posts by Asian School of Cyber Laws (see all)
- Quick guide to Digital Evidence - April 23, 2020
- How does a law come into force in India? - April 20, 2020
- Create an unbreakable password in 30 seconds - April 16, 2020